As usual, Gloria gets in the last word–before they shut the comments down

from Ken Ditkowsky:

The full shame of the American Bar Association ought to be published.   The following is the article from the American Bar Journal.   Pre-teens are required before going into High School to pass the Constitution test demonstrating a rudimentary knowledge thereof.   Apparently the Supreme Court of Illinois, the IARDC, the Review panel, and a few lawyers in Illinois have no working knowledge of the Constitution of either Illinois or America, and certainly the failure of the ABA to exhibit outrage *****.
The entire document is as follows:

LEGAL ETHICS

Lawyer gets suspension for blog posts about ‘feeding frenzy’ of connected lawyers

POSTED SEP 24, 2015 12:46 PM CDT

Share 3
An Illinois lawyer who blogged about a probate case has been suspended because of her posts alleging a “feeding frenzy” of court-connected lawyers in Chicago’s “sleazy world of probate.”
The lawyer, JoAnne Marie Denison, was suspended for three years, and until further order of the Illinois Supreme Court, the Legal Profession Blog reports. The Sept. 21 suspension follows a May decision in which a review board of the Illinois Registration and Disciplinary Commission rejected Denison’s First Amendment arguments.
Denison had contended her blog posts were true, but the review board cited findings that she had failed to present an objective factual basis to support her allegations. Denison’s posts had impugned the integrity of judges and lawyers involved in a particular probate proceeding, the review board said.
Denison’s blog had alleged a guardian was appointed for an elderly woman though she did not need one, and that the guardian had stolen from the woman and did not take proper care of her. The blog posts referenced a “feeding frenzy” of lawyers, a “classic case of corruption” and a court “being spoonfed BS law by atty miscreants.”
Circuit courts in Cook County aren’t computerized, Denison alleged in her posts, because “politically connected judges and their puppet attorneys … would be exposed for what they are: money grubbing, family strife churning leeches that create nothing but pain and misery in a family while swiping free parking money out of a well funded estate.”

We welcome your comments, but please adhere to our comment policyFlag comment for moderator.

Comments

• pgb said:

I find it appalling that judges and attorneys freely engage in censorship when a speaker is critical of the court system. What hypocrisy. Where is the honor?

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 02:49 pm CDT
    • GP said:

Yeah, while I understand the need for decorum, professionalism, etc, I’ve never been comfortable with professional censorship and censure of attorneys who speak critically of judges, attorneys, or rulings.

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 04:09 pm CDT
    • B. McLeod said:

The who? The what?

I will only point out that, if the “politically connected judges and their puppet attorneys … are money grubbing, family strife churning leeches that create nothing but pain and misery in a family while swiping free parking money out of a well funded estate,” they nevertheless likely have their dark side as well.

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 10:26 pm CDT
      • mike said:

“impugned the integrity of judges and lawyers involved in a particular probate proceeding, the review board said.”
        Sometimes the truth stings when it gets out in the light of day…

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 11:53 am CDT
  • Tom said:

She may be wrong, or borderline delusional, but it’s still an outrage to punish her for what she said in blog posts. She should be able to state her opinions, even if they are absurd, without being punished because she is a lawyer.

Also the penalty is over the top.

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 08:01 pm CDT
  • IL guy said:

You should read the complaint filed by the ARDC. It goes WAY beyond what is summarized above. She should not have a license.

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 11:04 pm CDT
  • Sport2368 said:

I believe you are looking for this link: http://www.iardc.org/HB_RB_Disp_Html.asp?id=11550 and this link: http://www.iardc.org/HB_RB_Disp_Html.asp?id=11757

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 11:07 am CDT
    • mike said:

It doesn’t look like she did any more than comment on a very messy guardianship… note to self, if I live that long make sure all paperwork is taken care of BEFORE you turn 90.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 12:05 pm CDT
      • joanne denison said:

Dear Mike; She had all her paperwork–a trust and a will. They guardianized her without service, (the Guardian dragged her to Naperville, another county away) so she could not be served. There was no saving her. Once you are targeted in Cook County, you are targeted and there’s nothing you can do. I currently advise people to get to another state or county if possible and leave everything behind for the vultures. At least you will be alive. Randy Robinson did just that and his mom is safe in California with a brother, but they put out a body attachment for him “unless and until his mother returns to the jurisdiction (Detroit MI)”. Probate is ruthless and currently there is no escape, esp. via the court process. Mary’s case is but one example. Try reading the John Wyman book “Against her will” where Carol was booted out of her house by her husband and put in a locked down facility and suffered near daily abuse (including sexual) in one of the worst nursing homes in Illinois. If she complained, she was shot up full of Halodol. False protective orders issued against any relative protesting the injustice of it all. For her, death was the only way out.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 04:31 pm CDT
  • joanne denison said:

This comment has been removed by a moderator.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 03:44 pm CDT
    • Seriously from mike said:

You received a suspension – your continued use of social media may be detrimental to you future. Although I am not qualified to give you any advice and would not want to be perceived as doing so over the internet – I highly recommend that if I were in your position I would remove myself from online debates and commentary about this or any other case in the future (WINK). Life happens – put IMHO if I were working on this case I would put it down (WINK) – I would work under an active and licensed attorney for 3 years in a different area of law, and pursue that area of law in the future (WINK). Perhaps probate would not be my strong suit (WINK). As an attorney you have to be able to work under adverse conditions with the facts presented to you – i.e. defend a known killer, evict an unemployed worker, etc. – within the confines of the law and not based on emotion. Take a breather….
      I wish you all the best, may you find a rewarding and less stressful career path – no joke 😐

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 04:20 pm CDT
      • joanne denison said:

I am a momma bear and I do NOT run away when things get tough. I have absolutely no intentions of abandoning my blog or probate and other court corruption victims. The reason why the court system is in the deplorable state it is in, is exactly due to such thinking. While I do not reveal any names of attorneys who confide in me regarding corruption, and I do not expect them to risk job, health or sanity, (I don’t know their situations), but someone has to do this work. I reguarly write the FBI (they actually read my blog and like it), the states attorneys — madigan, alvarez and saltoun all say they “don’t do” court corruption. All the Illinois Atty Reg does is cover it up. Someone has to do that work. Illinois consistently is in the top 5 most corrupt states. All it takes for tyranny to get a foothold is for people of good conscience to do nothing. Edmund Burke

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 04:44 pm CDT
  • Gloria Jean Sykes said:

This comment has been removed by a moderator.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 04:19 pm CDT
    • Seriously from mike said:

This is not the place for grief. This is a blog set up for the discussion of legal issues. This is also not a public courtroom, oral hearing, or disposition where facts are viewed and tried. Although I sympathize with you and your family and send my condolences, I do not believe you should be posting legal arguments, accusations, and financial information on this website. You may be unintentionally arming your opponents, providing financial information for creditors, or further harming your mother’s legacy. If I were you, I would find a licensed attorney and discuss your options and receive advice from a licensed attorney.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 04:29 pm CDT
      • joanne denison said:

On my blog, posters get to say what they want. Gloria only tells the truth. If you don’t want to read such comments, as the US Supreme Court has said to undesireable speech and publications, “avert thy eyes.” You don’t have to read and you don’t have to care.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 04:33 pm CDT
  • joanne denison said:

If you would like to see more comments that were removed last time by the ABA, they were preserved here: https://marygsykes.com/2014/12/09/proof-the-aba-blog-is-heavily-censored-many-comments-that-mary-sykes-was-railroaded-and-abused-removed/
    Make no mistake, the ABA censors its posts. For the ABA to do so is utterly shameful. It makes them part of the cover up that is going on in the court system, and in particular, in Illinois and the Cook County Court System and I bet it was Jerome Larkin at the ARDC who called first thing on Monday and demanded that the ABA take down any favorable comments regarding my Suspension. Absolutely deplorable conduct. It violates not only the ABA’s own published Rules for Commentary, but it also violates numerous codes of Ethics for Journalists. Apparently the ABA is above all that. I also published an open letter and emailed it to the editors of the ABA without response. They are clearly covering up everything too. That letter is published here: https://marygsykes.com/2014/12/27/an-open-letter-to-the-aba-on-removing-supportive-commentary-on-the-article-regarding-the-ardcs-flawed-decision/

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 04:25 pm CDT
    • Seriously from mike said:

I am not on ABA Staff – ABA retains the right to remove any posts it wants to – there is no rule that it has to leave a post (ask B. McLeod why some of his posts were removed?)
      According to the ABA code of conduct:
      2. Posts or other material which is deemed inappropriate by the site administrators or appropriate team managers may be deleted upon discovery. Users who violate the Terms of Use or Code of Conduct may lose their accounts permanently.

Note that you are also posting a lot of personal information.
      6. Unauthorized posting of personal information (names, address, phone number, email, etc.) of other users.
      Just STOP! – seriously, if you feel wronged pursue appeals but you definitely need to at some point move on.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 04:35 pm CDT
      • joanne denison said:

With respect to your comments about ABA guidelines, you are not quoting them in full (see my open letter to the ABA, URL given above) and EVERYONE and every case I have posted about, each person has provided written authorization. That point really irked the ARDC. They went and contacted all these people and I had the emails to prove posting was always done with consent. I normally do patents, copyrights and trademarks and I am well aware of copyright laws. And once the ABA undertakes to accept comments, it has an ethical obligation to do so fairly and reasonably.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 04:50 pm CDT
  • Lee Rawles said:

As a reminder to all commenters, comments on ABA Journal articles must adhere to both our publication’s commenting policy and the ABA’s Code of Conduct. You can view those documents at the following addresses:

Comments which are determined to have violated these terms will be removed. Commenters who repeatedly violate them will be banned. I urge you to consult these documents to familiarize yourself with their terms.

– Lee Rawles
    Deputy Web Editor
    ABAJournal.com

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 04:47 pm CDT
  • Gloria Jean Sykes said:

The names and information I posted is all public information. I am not grieving because there is no closure. What I posted I fact. For those who want to argue otherwise that’s your choice. Whomever wrote this article from the ADA determined that because the IARDC said the sky is made of green chees, therefore the sky is made of green cheese. Apparently the ABA has the right to republish LIES, untruths and misrepresentations of facts.. And that my friend denigrates my mothers’ s good name. See I care little for people who enjoy positions of power by doing harm to others. You want the truth well my book will tell the truth. Quoting A Few Good Men ‘you (probably) can’t handle the truth’ so it’s best you say nothing. I also don’t like attorneys. (To quote Aron Brokovich)

There is a Cottage industry of attorneys who prey on the elderly and disabled for their financial gain. This is a fact. Challenge me if you may… You will not prevail. Attorneys who present these attorneys in a public forum should not be disbarred but HAILED. Loosing a law license over blogging the truth — well, us lay people should award these attorneys a badge of honor. Any attorney who suggests otherwise is probably a part of the Cottage industry

Gloria jean sykes

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 04:56 pm CDT
    Flag this comment for moderation
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.
Advertisements

One thought on “As usual, Gloria gets in the last word–before they shut the comments down