Please come and volunteer if you can. This organization helps keep seniors in their own home.
I have not heard of any situations where they ratted out a senior and put them in a nursing home, but let me know if any one has heard of this and I will publish any documented story..
You can volunteer by going to their website at http://www.centerofconcern.org.
thanks for your participation.
More details on “Volunteer Day”
Thank you again for volunteering to help our senior clients at our Community Service Day on Saturday, April 29.
Here are a few details regarding that day:
- We will meet at our new office, 1665 Elk Boulevard, Des Plaines at 9:30 a.m., and will provide a light continental breakfast.
- You will be given a list of clients, addresses, and phone numbers of those we would like you to help as well as the tasks they would like done. Depending on the size of your group, there will be 3 – 4 clients on your lists, located in the same general area. Most of the tasks will be window washing and yard work, including weeding and bush trimming. A few of our clients live in condominiums, so that will be inside window washing. Those clients will be home and waiting for you.
- If you are able to, please bring buckets, sponges, rags, squeegees, trowels, clippers, and work gloves. We will have some supplies available if you don’t have your own.
- Some of our clients need some painting done. WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO DO THIS?? PLEASE let me know ASAP. Client will provide paint, brushes, and everything else required.
- We will also provide you with a box lunch, as well as a lunch to bring to the homes of the clients you visit.
- If you can, please take photos of the work you are doing, and send them to me. We would appreciate this so that we can show the public all the good work you are doing.
Please email or call me if your schedules have changed and you can no longer volunteer, or if you have any questions.
See you Saturday, April 29!
Reblogged this on Justice for Everyone Blog.