Quotes about the TRUTH
Dedicated to the IARDC
1. Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind even if you are a minority of one. The truth is still the truth. Mondandas Gandhi
2. I believe the unvarnished truth and unconditional love with have the final word in reality. That is why right, temporarily defeated is stronger than evil triumphant. Dr. Martin Luther King.
3. Christ said, the truth will set you free, but Truth is not found once and forever, Truth is eternal and the quest for Truth must also be eternal. Max Heindel
4. The truth is like a lion. You don’t have to defend it. Let it loose and it will defend itself.
5. Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons. Michael Jackson
6. Please don’t ever lie to me, unless you’re absolutely sure I can never, ever find out the truth.
7. Truth is like oil lying on the top of water. No matter how much you try to push it down with more water, it will always eventually float to the top.
8. Truth does not really hurt, rather it is our resistance to its message that causes us pain. Vernon Howard.
9. Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn’t. Mark Twain.
10. No one has the right to judge us because no one really knows what we have been through. They may have heard about our stories, but they never did once feel what we felt in our hearts.
11. Truth is born into this world only with pangs and tribulations, and every fresh truth is received unwillingly. Alfred Russel Wallace
12. I will never be upset that you have lied to me, rather, I will always be upset that no one, including me, will believe you anymore.
13. While it is correct that the truth will set you free, there is no doubt that the first time you start to actually hear it, it will often make you miserable.
14. The worst thing about being lied to or lied about is understanding that you weren’t worth telling the truth.
15. A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if only a few believe it.
16. The only people who will be mad at you for speaking the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep on speaking the truth.
17. They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as authority. G Massey, Egyptologist
18. You had better tell the truth up front, or someone will come along and tell it for you.
19. This is who I am. No one said you had to like it.
20. People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in such great pain is because things are being loved and people are being used.
21. Telling someone the truth is actually an act of love.
22. Political language is designed to make lies sound like truth and murder appear respectable. George Orwell.
23. Truth hurts; doubt ruins; lies destroy.
24. People hate the truth. Luckily, the truth does not care.
25. The only thing more shocking than truth, are the lies people create to cover it up.
26. There are only two mistakes one can made along the road to truth. The first is not going all the way and the second is not starting at all. Buddha.
27. Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell
28. In time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
29. There are some ideas that are so utterly wrong that only a very intelligent person could ever believe them.
30. Three things cannot be hidden for very long: the sun, the moon and the truth. Buddha
31. Truth will ultimately prevail, but only when great pains are taken to bring it to light. George Washington.
32. The truth is, one always knows what is the right thing to do, the hard part is actually following that truth.
33. Truth is so rare that is delightful to tell it. Emily Dickenson
34. A Harmful truth is better than a useful lie. Thomas Mann
35. The first reaction to truth is often hatred. Tertullian.
36. There are only two people who will tell you the truth: an enemy who has lost his temper and a friend that loves you dearly. Antisthenes
37. I say that Justice is Truth in action. Desmond Israeli
38. For every good reason to lie, there will be a better reason to tell the truth.
39. The pursuit of Truth will set you free, even if you never catch up with it. Clarence Darrow.
40. We occasionally stumble over Truth, but then we pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had ever happened. Winston Churchill.