This looks good on paper, but both Gloria and Kathie B. (both probate victims) are asking, so we went to these agencies and reported that Mary is being abused and the court has no jurisdiction, and nothing happened. Over and over. Years and years.
But go ahead and try:
Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
- 1-866-800-1409 (For suspected elder mistreatment in the home).
- 1-888-206-1327 (For suspected elder mistreatment in the home, TTY access).
- 217-524-6911 (For suspected elder mistreatment in the home, out of state line).
- 1-800-252-8966 (To reach the Senior Helpline to report suspected elder mistreatment in long-term care facilities, in state line).
- 1-888-206-1327 (To reach the Senior Helpline to report suspected elder mistreatment in long-term care facilities, TTY access).
- 217-524-6911 (To reach the Senior Helpline to report suspected elder mistreatment in long-term care facilities, out of state line).
State Government Agencies
- Illinois Protective Services for Seniors
- Illinois Department on Aging
- Illinois Department of Public Health – Nursing Homes in Illinois
- Illinois Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Illinois Office of Attorney General
Laws and Regulations
- 320 Illinois Compiled Statutes 20/1-20/14 Elder Abuse and Neglect Act
- 210 Illinois Compiled Statutes 30/1-30/16 Abused and Neglected Long Term Care Residents
- 20 Illinois Compiled Statutes 105/4.04 Long Term Care Ombudsman Program
It is my opinion that nothing will happen in this arena with tied in cases unless and until we get a team of FBI agents on the 18th floor trained to spot court elder abuse and financial exploitation.
It starts with lack of summons and complaint, then it moves to isolation. What relatives can’t see the ward and why? Is there something to hide? Are there claims of uninventoried assets that are actively being ignored. When the attorneys ask questions, investigate and spot obvious highly unusual activities in the estate, who is being prosecuted and investigated by the ARDC? Is it the attorneys in probate that are acting strangely, or is it the attorneys that are reporting the strange activities together with the documents from the court’s own records in support of the questions.
No one likes to go to court and find their constitutional rights no longer exist. No one likes to be put in a nursing home, their property sold, and have no access to court. No one likes to be in a nursing home, locked down, forced on psychotropic drugs so they become zombies, unable to go to court, or while in court trying to make wishes know, they are told to “shush up”. Relatives who want to report abuse are told to “shush up.” Hearing aides and reading glasses are taken away so it is clear the person is demented because they can’t hear and can’t read. Staff doesn’t care because the nursing home is only required to provide 2.5 hrs of individual care. Somehow in probate just about everyone needs 24/7 care so they all go to nursing homes and their own homes are sold–whether you like it or not.
But where is the hue and outcry for poor Mary and her elderly brother and sisters that have gone thru this and many are still going thru this.
Advance directives ignored. Guardians the ward never wanted.
The list goes on.
Is no one worried that the very fabric of our democratic, free and constitution based society “of the people” and “for the people” is fast becoming “for the corrupt and tied in and your local political crony?”
I didn’t see that in any of in the constitution.